Thursday 12 March 2009

SOUTH LONDON WOMEN ARTISTS GROUP AT DULWICH LIBRARY

South London Women Artists Group has a web site, unfortunately I cannot get the links to work on my computer. The link appears in my text but does not display when published.
Here it is anyway http://southlondonwomenartists.co.uk


There is an exhibition at the moment, of some members work, including mine. It is at the Dulwich Library, 368 Lordship Lane, Dulwich.
My piece is a photo etching, one of an edition of 10, from a photo I took at last year's London Marathon. At the time of the photo it was pissing down with rain, and the runners were soaked. I was waiting for my son to run past - it was at Mile End, Stepney, Mile 13. My son got very wet feet and his socks caused painful blisters which spoiled the run a bit! Poor him, but I also have good photos of him with his medal, and he did a good time too.

The exibition ends on Tuesday 31 March. It is part of Southwark Council's Celebrating Women Artists month. I have not been to see it yet so cannot comment on the works. There is another group of art works at the ArtDog gallery

No comments: