Monday 14 February 2011

MIKE TINDALL AT TWICKENHAM, RUGBY - ENGLAND V ITALY

RBS SIX NATIONS RUGBY AT TWICKENHAM ON 12 FEBRUARY, 2011 - ENGLAND 59 - ITALY 13

I am painting a new oil painting of the game at Twickenham, which is in my 'Legs' series of sports paintings.  Since I was not lucky enough to attend at Twickenham (or rich enough!), I am using as a source, a section from a photo inThe Sunday Times, credited to Clive Gee/PA.

The article which features the photograph in The Sunday Times is by Stephen Jones, Rugby Correspondent.
The England captain is Mike Tindall, and he is the one with the ball.

The first sketch for the painting, which I have have started in poster colours, is here:



I will be working on an oil painting after deciding on the composition and hope to put more about the painting on this blog as it progresses.

No comments: