Monday 8 August 2011

LONDON LIVES - EXHIBITION IN SEPTEMBER - BANKSIDE GALLERY

BANKSIDE GALLERY, LONDON, ON THE SOUTH BANK

My oil painting of Emmanuel Mutai, London Marathon Runner, will be on display in September next.
The competition is a joint effort from Network Rail, The Guardian Newspaper, Great Art and Bankside. It is the second competion with the title 'London Lives'.
One hundred artists are selected to show an art work.
Here is my entry.
I used as inspiration my sketch made near Buckingham Palace, during the 2010 London Marathon, the sponsor of which was Virgin Money.
You can see I painted in the red banners which lined the route.

This year the exhibition runs from 9th to 18th September 2011.

Here is a link to Bankside Gallery. It shows an image of the winning painting from the London Lives exhibition in 2010.
Bankside Gallery, London, London Lives exhibition

No comments: