Wednesday 17 March 2010

THE FOUNDLING MUSEUM EXHIBITION LONDON WC1

The exhibition at the Foundling Museum, Brunswick Square, London WC1N 1AZ

I will be visiting this exhibition with a group from the South London Women Artists group in April. The show is called:
Matt Collishaw, Tracey Emin and Paula Rego: At the Foundling

Here is a link to the Foundling Museum.

Here is a link to my Blog on Blogspot 2007 entry about Paula Rego exhibition in Madrid, 2007. Paula Rego


This exhibition should be fascinating, since I am interested in the Foundling Museum with its paintings by William Hogarth among others, and have always wanted to go there but somehow never made the trip. Now I am definitely going. You can find out more about this philanthropic institution by looking at its website.

Paula Rego is one of the best artists working in London now. I saw an amazing exhibition of her work when in Madrid, at the Reina Sofia Gallery. She works in pastels very large.

Most people will be familiar with Tracey Emin's recent drawings, which have been shown at the Royal Academy summer show, among other places. I loved reading her column in The Independent every week, but now sadly I no longer take this newspaper (economy drive) so don't know if she still writes in it.
Mat Collishaw I am not familiar with.

My other small blog is at my new website, for Paulina Little
www.sportsportraitartist.co.uk

No comments: