Monday 8 June 2015

ROYAL HORTICULTURAL SOCIETY ROSE SHOW, VINCENT SQUARE

THE ROYAL HORTICULTURAL SOCIETY HELD A ROSE SHOW OVER ONE WEEKEND

The show was in the RHS Halls in Vincent Square, Westminster, London. 

In the square as I walked along I saw a cricket match taking place.  The square is a lovely big green space in the middle of Victoria, lined with trees, and there is a pavilion.  I thought of doing a drawing of the cricketers later, but then it started to pour with rain and 'play was abandoned'.

The show was interesting though, and I met an excellent young artist from Birmingham, Emma Hardicker, who produces inspirational textile designs, prints, greeting cards, cushions and small printed fabric bags.  I bought some of her lovely cards.

Here is a link to her website www.emmaherdicker.com

I sat upstairs in the cafe, and did this quick drawing of part of the display area in the great hall.  Most of the rose bushes in the show were not in flower, so it was possible to buy and carry home without damaging fragile blossoms. 

I was tempted but realised I have nowhere suitable for another rose, and the plants in their pots would have been very heavy to carry.

RHS Rose Show, Vincent Square, London

No comments: